Sunday 23 February 2014

Diary of Your Exercise Workouts

I often see people at the gym keeping a diary or record of their weight training exercise workouts. Some people record their daily exercise workout in a small notebook, while others carry a big binder or on a Smartphone. Some people keep a record of the type of exercise they do and that’s it! Others keep a more detailed and meticulous account of the type of exercises they do, the number of sets and the number of repetitions as well.

I have to admit, I don’t do this. I tend to keep a record of my workouts in my head. The only problem with this is that, once in awhile, I may forget what I did the week before since I like to rotate my exercises but overall "mental notes" for me has worked out very well.

This week I was thinking back to the fitness results that I achieved over the last five years. Trying to remember what I call “my best years” and the way I achieved my results via exercise, nutrition and the supplements that I was using! I thought to myself that it would have been nice to write down in detail my workout routine. To be able to look back at any year and compare to see what I did! Also to make the record more meaningful, my fitness diary would have included the types and brands of supplements that I was consuming. I’m talking about when, how much protein powder or Creatine that I was consuming, using. This way I could see what supplements and combinations of supplements worked the best for me. To add to this, maybe make an additional note of my daily diet and nutrition would have been included.

I have to admit that such a fitness or workout diary would entail a lot of work. In the long-term, it could be very useful to compare and determine what types of exercises, how you did them and the supplements that you were consuming worked best for you.

It is a good idea to keep a fitness diary or record of your exercise workouts including the supplement you consume.

No comments:

Post a Comment